Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract submission is closed now.
General Information & Deadlines
- Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the given deadline January 31, 2022. Abstracts received e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the program or publication.
- Each author can only be listed as a presenter of 3 different abstracts.
- Abstracts can be submitted for the following categories and scientific topics:
Macro-Theme 1: Archaeobotany And Ethnobotany As Explanatory Tools In The Archaeological Record (5 Topics)
- From processing to plate: Archaeobotanical approaches to cooking and consumption
- Wild plant use among foragers and farmers
- Plants structuring society: trade and globalisation
- Method development within archaeobotany
- Round table: Dissemination of archaeobotany
Macro-Theme 2: Origins And Expansion Of Cultivated Plants (2 Topics)
- Current evidence for domestication and post-domestication crop evolution
- Textile and fibre production – as documented by archaeological and archaeobotanical records
Macro-Theme 3: Landscape Change And Human Transformation Of Ecosystems (4 Topics)
- Agricultural expansion and diversification
- Combining onsite- and offsite data for a better understanding of the history of land use and landscape change
- Arable weed flora: origins, dispersal, diversification and evolution
- Grassland flora and systems: origins, dispersal, diversification and evolution
- A preferred presentation method should be selected during the submission from the following options:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Abstracts can be amended in the online submission system until the submission deadline January 31, 2022.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the IWGP Scientific Committee, who will consider its formal aspects and the content. They will decide which abstracts will be accepted and may reconsider the final presentation type.
- IWGP will accept abstracts submitted or presented to other conferences for review.
- Accepted abstracts will be made available electronically to all conference attendees. Rejected abstracts will not be displayed or published. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. IWGP reserves the right to edit abstracts if necessary prior to publication within the IWGP Conference.
- All presenting authors will receive an acceptance/rejection notification via e-mail by March 18, 2022.
- All presenting authors are obliged to register by March 31, 2022.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- When submitting your abstract, consider and choose the appropriate category, scientific topic and the presentation method.
- The maximum abstract title is 20 words and must be submitted using the sentence case (eg. This is the title of my abstract).
- Up to 15 authors can be submitted for one abstract (including the presenting author).
- The maximum abstract length is 300 words.
- Up to 1 picture/chart/table can be included within the abstract text. (Please check the step-by-step picture upload guide below.)
- Pictures must be saved in .jpg
- Charts can only be inserted as a picture (saved as .jpg first)
- Tables can only be inserted as a picture (saved as .jpg first)
Picture Upload Guide
Picture (1) can be inserted within the abstract text using the picture insert icon. They must be saved in JPG.
- Place the picture title within the abstract in the location where the picture should appear(2). Click the “Picture Insert” icon to start the upload process (3).
- Click the “Upload” button (1) and select the picture you wish to insert from your computer. It will be uploaded to the insert image gallery (2).
- Select the corresponding picture (1), copy the picture title into the “Alternate Text” field (2) and add the picture dimensions (one size is enough) (3) and confirm the selection with the ”Insert” button. (4) (width 300px = approx. 7cm wide)
- When the picture is uploaded, the correct location and size can be checked. If you wish to change the dimensions you can simply delete the inserted picture and upload it once again with a different size.
Please contact the IWGP Scientific Program Department for any assistance.